Background

Monday, October 3, 2016

Tot School: Fall Theme - Day 1

I am so excited for Fall this year. Honestly, I'm usually not, but this season has already been so festive - I love it! And, I'm so excited to what Fall is all about with Emma. And, Usborne Books offers a variety of book that goes along great with the theme!



You can order these fantastic books and more here. Surprisingly, I don't have any in my collection yet, so I hit up the library for some. Apparently, a lot of people are talking to their kids about Fall because most of the books were checked out, but I did snag these three. I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can pick up a few more.


I started off the day by dressing Emma in "autumn colors" to the best of my ability. We started off the lesson by singing a cute fall song "All the Leaves are Falling Down" I found on this website - there are a lot of other fun options there too! Then we read the above books. I loved reading these books with Emma. They were all so adorable. (I especially enjoyed Amelia Bedelia because I read all those chapter books as a child - I didn't know there were books for younger kids too!)

After the books, I presented Emma with a Fall dress-up activity. Eventually, I will get these laminated and magnetized, but until then we just had fun mixing and matching without being all fancy. This was a great opportunity to talk about the different colors and what kind of clothes we wear when the weather cools down. Emma seemed to enjoy herself!


Afterwards, I gave her this pumpkin dot marker printable (you can find lots of awesome Fall-themed ones here). She is obsessed with these markers, though she still hasn't grasped the concept of dotting the circles completely. She was even more thrilled when I gave her TWO to fill out the pumpkin.






I thought it turned out really well, and I can't wait to show Emma what else I have in store for this week. As usual, this lesson took about 30 minutes. I think this is a perfect time frame for Emma, but don't worry if it doesn't for your child. Everyone is different! It's all about trial and error!

No comments:

Post a Comment