Background

Friday, September 30, 2016

Tot School: Rainbow Review

After a crazy fun visit from my mother-in-law, I'm refocusing on tot school and getting back on track. As it's a Friday today, I thought it would be fitting to have a review on all the colors Emma learned about during our first two weeks of lessons.

I dressed her up in the only outfit that I could find with rainbows - that has My Little Pony's Rainbow Dash on it - and started our lesson with the rainbow song, the reading of our color books, and had not just one, but two featured books of the day. The Rainbow Fish - which is just a beloved classic - and a super cute book called The End of the Rainbow by Liza Donnelly.

I found our adorable craft idea here. Emma is obsessed with the glue stick and she always throws a big stink when I don't let her touch it. So today I let her help me glue the stripes of construction paper to the cloud I cut out AFTER she identified the right color. She was very pleased with this arrangement and, for the first time, we both had an enjoyable time with the craft. It turned out awesome!  (Though, as you can see, she's more excited about holding the glue stick than anything else, ha!)


Afterwards, I grabbed some skittles and m&ms from the ginormous pile of candy we acquired at Mickey's Halloween Party to play a matching game. I got paint sample cards from Home Depot the other day for this (a perfect FREE activity) and had her match the candy to the cards. She did really well, I was so proud! She also liked the fact that she could snack on the m&ms afterwards (not a fan of skittles, apparently). This was probably the funnest tot school lesson yet!


After much consideration, next week's tot school lessons are going to be focused on the Fall season. I've already gotten my library books reserved and have a special field trip planned for the end of it. I just have to decide on which crafts and activities I want to include - there are so many options! It should be a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment