Background

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Tot School: Square Shape

Since we're behind on tot school this week, I decided to slip in another lesson today to help us catch up. We talked about squares!

For lunch, Emma had spinach lasagna that was cut into a square, yum. Today was so hectic around the house, I forgot to get her dressed (whoops), and I didn't realize it until AFTER I had taken the tot school pictures. You have been warned, haha!

We started off we our shapes song, then we read all of our shapes books. Emma is particularly drawn to the Batman book - that's my girl! Got to teach them to be nerdy while they're young! After the books, I got out the blocks and we formed squares out of them.


Then we decided to stack the blocks as high as we could. I tried to keep it as square as possible, but Emma had other ideas. She kept saying how pretty it was, which I thought was adorable! This is how high we got it before it toppled over and exploded everywhere. We had fun while it lasted!






After Emma got bored with the blocks, we went on to our next activity. I know how Emma LOVES the dot markers, so I found this printable (which has a bunch of other dot marker shapes too) and had her work on the square. While she doesn't have in down perfectly, she's getting much better with dotting in the circles.





Then she decided to go all out and dot EVERYWHERE. She's definitely perfected how to get the paint out because it ended up bleeding through the page and onto the table.


As soon as that happened, I quickly took the marker away, which didn't make her happy. But, Phil was just about to get home, so it really was perfect timing.Overall, it was a good lesson. I hope she's picking up on the concept of shapes. We'll be doing one more lesson this week and then we have three more shapes to cover next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment