Background

Monday, October 24, 2016

Tot School: Body Parts, The Face

I am so excited for this week because I think it's going to be so much fun and Emma should learn a lot from it. We're talking about body parts all week, but I've broken it up into three sections: the face, the rest of the body, and the insides.

Usborne Books & More offers a lot of amazing books about the body. Here is just a few of the more popular options!






We started off the lesson by singing Head, Shoulder, Knees, and Toes (a toddler classic), followed by reading these wonderful library books. I loved reading these because they really encourage your child to move certain body parts to along with the story. Emma especially loved wiggling her toes.


I, personally, liked I Love You, Nose! I Love You, Toes! the most because it was the most comprehensive. It seriously covered ALL the body parts in such a cute way (even the private parts that you don't show your friends), which I thought was awesome.

After we read all the books, we went to the table for our activity. Day 1 is all about the face, so we made PlayDoh faces with this printable. Emma has known about eyes, ears, mouths, and noses for forever, so she knew exactly where to put them, which made me proud.


After that, we just sat down and reviewed what's on our face. I briefly explained what each part does (we'll do a more in-depth week on the five senses later), as well as covered new parts of the face, such as the forehead and cheeks. Then I asked her where certain parts were. As I said above, she's known about the face forever, so she nailed it.

 
We'll talk about the rest of the body parts on Wednesday! It should be a good lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment