Background

Friday, October 28, 2016

Tot School: Body Parts, The Body

On Wednesday, we talked about all the body parts of a person. We started our lesson by singing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes again, then read all of our body books.  Head, Body, Legs: A Story From Liberia was especially good for today because it talked about how all the body parts work together as a team to get things done.

For our first activity, I brought our Mr. Potato Head. Emma has never played with this toy before, so I wasn't sure how she would react to it, but she loved it! This was a great way to review the parts on the face, as well as other body parts, such as the arms and legs. Emma did not want her picture taken today, so I took pictures of her creations instead. These were her favorites.



I had only borrowed Mr. Potato Head, but since Emma enjoyed it so much (and didn't want to stop) I think I'll get her own for Christmas. Our next activity was supposed to be all about dancing with our different body parts, but Emma didn't want to participate at all, so I just danced by myself, haha. While I didn't show her these videos, this is what I had in mind for our activity, which I think is a great way to teach your child about the various body parts we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment