Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tot school: Color yellow

Today was our second day of tot school. It went so much better. Today's color was yellow. I didn't take as many pictures today because we were just having too much fun! But, I'll give you the lowdown on what took place.

First, I got Emma all dressed up in yellow, of course. We sang Our Primary Colors and read all of the books on colors from our personal collection. (Milestone: Emma learned how to say spider today while we were reading Very First Colors. Seriously, I don't know why she's obsessed with the black color page, but I'm excited she learned a new word from it!)

Our featured book of the day was 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle. (I love reading his books to Emma!) She was enthralled with it! She loves ducks and knows how to say "quack", so she was really into it. I love how at the end there's even a button on a rubber duck that you can press to make it squeak! That was definitely Emma's favorite part.

After we finished reading it, I brought out the yellow dot marker and a duck printable (which you can find for free - along with a variety of other options - at www.getcoloringpages.com) for Emma to experiment with. This was the very first time either of us have ever used a dot marker and, though she didn't exactly grasp the concept, she enjoyed herself immensely. It's a learning process!


When she was done coloring (about half of the duck was yellow at this point), I gave her a bubble bath where she played with rubber ducks we own, as well as other yellow bath toys on hand.


While she was playing, I sang "Five Little Ducks" to her and kept repeating how yellow her toys were (with the exception of the red rubber duck - that acted as a review from our previous lesson). In total, the lesson took around 35 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment