Background

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Tot School: Color Purple

My mother-in-law is in town for a visit, so I'm a bit behind posting about tot school. Ah, sorry! The other day we had our tot school lesson on the color purple. I was excited for this one just because purple is my favorite color!

After dressing up in purple, we sang the rainbow song, read our colors books, and the book of the day was Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes. I thought it would fun to do something completely different this time around, so for the first time ever I painted Emma's nails! In purple, of course. As Emma's never experienced this, I wasn't sure how she would react, so I painted my thumbnail first to give her an idea of what it entails. She was interested and held her nails out to me. I painted her thumbnail, and she asked for me to do more! I'd already painted half of her nails when she decided there was too much glitter on her nails and freaked out, flailing her hands about, trying to shake it off. It was a funny sight, haha! I couldn't get a good picture of me in the process of painting her nails, but here's the nail polish we used.





Emma really enjoys using the dot markers, so I decided to try to go a little more advanced and printed this cute grapes picture for it, hoping that Emma would learn to press the dot marker inside the circles. She didn't quite grasp the concept, so I helped her out. It was a fun, simple lesson!


No comments:

Post a Comment