Background

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Tot School: Color Orange

Today is the first day of fall! I am so excited for the cooler weather, comfy clothes, and seasonal goodies. So, of course, we had to save orange for today!

We dressed in orange, sang our rainbow song, and read our colors books. Today's featured book was Ten Orange Pumpkins: A Counting Book by Stephen Savage. It was so stinking adorable! It's a Halloween book, but 'tis the season, am I right? It put us in the right spirit anyway because tomorrow we're going to Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland!!! (I'll write up a special post about that this weekend.) We are so excited and hope that Emma enjoys it as it would be an awesome family tradition. Anyway, back to tot school!

After we read the featured book, I printed out this cute pumpkin matching game. It comes with 12 pumpkins, but to go along with the book, I only used 10. Emma has never really played a matching game before, so she didn't really understand the premise until we were down to six pumpkins. Maybe 10 was just too much? I think I'll save these and try again when Halloween is closer to see if she'll pick it up quicker then. It was a fun experience nevertheless.


Afterward, I wanted to try this cute carrot craft. We did something similar when we went over the color red, but Emma was not feeling it, so I thought we'd try again. She was a little better about it this time, but was more interested in the glue, which I wouldn't let her have. So, she threw a big tantrum, and that basically ended the lesson for the day.


We're driving down to Disneyland tomorrow, so I'll probably do a rainbow review in the car with her to help pass the time. We've also been watching Disney movies this week to pump everyone up for the trip. We've watched Beauty & the Beast and The Little Mermaid so far and plan to watch Sleeping Beauty tonight. Emma loves Minnie Mouse, so we're excited to see her reaction to everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment