Background

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Daily Stay-At-Home-Mom Schedule

Lately I've been really frazzled. Ever since Emma turned 1, she decided to completely change the daily routine we comfortably had for months. It's taken me a while to get back into a good groove, though there are some days where I feel nothing gets accomplished on time - or at all. That being said, here is how our new daily schedule looks like (that I will try my best to maintain):

8:30 a.m. - Emma wakes up. We have breakfast.

9 a.m. - We get ready for the day. This includes bath time, brushing our hair and teeth, getting dressed, etc.

10 a.m. - I clean up the apartment as best as I can while Emma follows me around and "helps" (aka, throws a bunch of things back onto the floor).

10:30 a.m. - Story time and sing-a-long time. Emma loves when I read and sing to her! It's also snack time.

11:30 a.m. - I prep lunch while Emma plays (whether it's structured or self-led).

12 p.m. - Phil comes home for lunch.

1 p.m. - Nap time (hopefully). Emma tries to fight taking naps as much as possible, so this period of time is really iffy. But, when she does fall asleep, I have some me time where I can go through my emails, pay bills, set up necessary appointments, read, etc.

3 p.m. - Phil comes home from work for the day. This is when I go to the gym in my apartment complex and work out while Emma gets some quality time with her daddy.

4 p.m. - Snack time. We just chill as a family (Netflix may or may not be involved) and catch up on how our day went.

6:30 p.m. - Dinner time. Phil is usually in charge of it - yay!

7 p.m. - Phil relaxes and Emma plays while I tidy up (by doing the dishes or finishing up the laundry for the day). On Mondays, this is when we have Family Home Evening. Otherwise, we use this time to play games, watch a show, relax, etc.

9:30 p.m. - Emma has never been one to go to bed early like everyone else her age. She hangs out with us as we read scriptures, have family prayer, and get ready for bed.

10 p.m. - Lights out!

Hopefully, I'm doing things right at this point. I'm trying my best! What does your daily schedule with your child(ren) look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment